The best thermal and low noise Hardware SATA RAID enclosure in the market - NOW SHIPPING
Until now, transfer rates of 3Gb/s and hardware RAID features, were only available to enterprise class applications. Sbox-R allows OEMs and system integrator to offer high-end features for price-sensitive professional market applications. Users of the Sbox-R can eliminate CPU loading by using the embedded RISC storage processor, which was developed by Silicon Image, and tuned for the needs of storage applications. This storage processor completely frees up the main CPU and provides the enhanced RAID modes
Sbox-R allows up to five SATA drives can be configured reliable data mirroring, data performance striping, or just plain capacity expansion using the friendly GUI provided, Sbox-R RAID modes are:
- Mirroring (RAID 1) — allows SATA Hard drives to automatically copy primary hard drive without any CPU loading (typical 1% CPU resource). The our Sbox-R provides automatic rebuild on SATA Hard drives replacement and auto-failover, to eliminate any workflow interruptions.
- Stripping (RAID 0) — allows the SATA Hard drives to performance stripe, to provide maximum throughput to the direct attached PC/Server.
- Spanning — allows to make any SATA Hard drives (same or different sizes) appear as one large drive to the host, for extra capacity (also called concatenation).
- JBOD or Port Multiplier — this allows the SATA Hard drives attached PC/Server to see each drive as just a bunch of drives.
- Striping and Mirroring (RAID 10) — allows the device to improve data availability beyond RAID 5 or RAID 6 with large SATA drives, due to rebuild vulnerability.
- Spanning and Mirroring — allows for large capacity with protection. The Sbox-R works with any Serial ATA compliant host port, although such as cascade feature (more than 5 drives) JBOD access require a port multiplier aware host controller such as SiI 3124-2™ or SiI 3132™.
Our Sbox-R featuring The Email Notification allows the end-user to have the Sbox-R Manager send an email if any of the following conditions/situations occur:
|- Partition Rebuild Start |
- artition Rebuild Complete
- Partition Verify Start
- Partition Verify Complete
- Partition Rebuild Resume
- Temperature Too High
|- System Fan Too Slow |
- Power supply Fan Too Slow
- No Boxes Found
- Box Removed
- Drive Unplugged
- Drive Inserted
DirectAirtm (patern pending) A fan sit beaneath of the HDD forcing air direct into hard drive keep their temperature close to ambient, often resulting in more than 95% heat dissipation. By keeping the hard drive cool, HDDs are not only increase stability, but the efficiency also.
Temperature and Fan Sensing
Each individual drive is monitor closely both Fan and Temperature, in an event of a fan failed or hard drive temperature exceed the programable setting limit; the alarm will sound off
Available and ready to ship, our Sbox-R provides an essential solution and data rates to next-generation storage used in high-end applications, such as audio/video (A/V) editing. OurSbox-R offers full SATA II and ATA-7 speeds (3.0Gbps and 133MB/s, respectively), as well as software RAID 0, 1, support in Win2K, XP and later, Linux 32/64 bit or MAC OS X.x, which is critical for A/V applications.
Up to Five (5) Serial ATA or SATAII 3.5" HDD drives can be easily, quickly and reliably converted to plug-and-play, high speed RAID 0, high reliable RAID 1, or speed and reliable RAID 10.
Five hot swap-able Serial ATA / SATA II channels
Host interface: eSATA
Rugged design, Hyper Speed
• 1x Sbox-R enclosure
• 5x DirectAir SATA tray
• 1x eSATA cable
• 1x AC power cable
• 1x Set mobile rack keys
• 1x Bag of mounting screws
• 1x User manual